The Hindu Newspaper is among those Indian papers of record and also the 2nd most circulated English-language paper in India, following The Times of India. The Hindu had an all-India complete readership of 62,26,000 from the IRS 2019 Q1 in comparison with the entire readership of 53,00,000 at IRS 2017up 17 percent. Concerning average issue readership, it increased its numbers from 15,68,000 to 16,35,000up 4.27 percent.
The paper and other books in The Hindu Group have been Owned by a family-held firm, Kasturi and Sons Ltd… The paper employed Over 1,600 employees and yearly turnover reached nearly $200 million based To data in 2010. The majority of the revenue comes from subscription and advertising. The Hindu became, in 1995, the first Indian paper to offer an internet edition.
The Hindu Newspaper Cover
- Firstly, National news like government statements not political, policies, initiatives,
- Secondly, International news like treaties, agreements, disputes, but no accidents, deaths.
- Thirdly, Economy news with special stress to technical terms.
- Moreover, Science and technology papers with real-life applications from the UPSC point of view.
- And, Environment and biodiversity news from the UPSC point of view.